Try this brief quiz now to check your understanding.
Click Next on the top right hand corner to begin
1. Two key principles underpinning the 2014 Mental Health Act are a recovery oriented framework and
2. Under The Act carers must be over 18 years. True or False?
3. Whilst the Act requires that the authorised psychiatrist ensure that 'reasonable steps' are taken to inform the nominated person and carer at particular points during a compulsory patient's care, parts of these functions may be delegated to other team members. True or False?
4. To avoid patients nominating an inappropriate nominated person it is important to
5. A mental health practitioner may witness the written appointment of a nominated person. True or False?
6. Every patient under a Compulsory Order must have a nominated person. True or False?
7. Once established, a nominated person has the option of declining to continue in the role and should advise the patient and the authorised psychiatrist of this decision. True or False?
8. The clinician is legally required to monitor the nominated person role. True or False?
9. Good practice would suggest regular review of nominated person arrangements. True or False?
You have now come to the end of this module. You have briefly explored
You should now be able to demonstrate the learning outcomes for this module
In the next phase of this training program, the workshops, you will have the opportunity to explore the nominated persons and carer provisions in more detail and discuss any issues and concerns with your colleagues.